Sunday, August 17, 2008

Boundless

a beautiful friend sent me some beautiful words just now, and her timing caused my eyes to burn. i will share two fragments here, because they have spoken for me today.

my journey resonates with this friend. she has been Questing alone on the road for decades, and is a veteran of my spirit.

thanks, Elly, for making today bigger than me.

... I hope for your journey the sweetest fruits, the most intense of aromas and the softest of breezes. Alas, these breezes can sometimes come in gusts, but fuck they tear through us and frighten, and thank god for these emotions, for the sheer opportunity we have given ourselves to know them, to feel them, make love to them and then to sit, silent, just being nothing and everything...

... I think now of holding a little hand, walking down an ancient cobble stone street telling this little person, whom we have made out of love, that this life is here for the living. That there is no such thing as cannot, but only 'can'.

That if they wish they can touch the wet, cold nose of a
lion, and walk up or around each and every mountain they see, and taste the most exotic of fruits, straight from the tree, and show themselves, time and time again that their spirit is larger, more limitness and more beautiful than they could ever imagine, and that if they look long enough, in the detail enough, within the setting sun they might see their spirit, their own colour in the palette of the sky...

... That there is only "I can...". That there are no boundaries.

That life is BOUNDLESS.



No comments: