Thursday, October 4, 2007

winding my way home

Koh Samet
the sound of waves is always welcoming, and it's all i hear as i leave the lantern light of this sand-strewn bar and walk down the beach in the direction of home. my bungalow, somewhere in those shadows, stands on its hind legs at the end of an uneven path. at night, light falls there, unevenly too, and my feet tread more carefully. there are numerous paths clustered here, and i never really memorised which ones eventually lead to my bungalow. i just listen to the sea, and walk. if it takes a little longer to find my way sometimes, that's alright with me.

lantern evenings on koh samet

my bungalow is like these, but hidden somewhere up behind

they had to break into one day when the bungalow became mysteriously locked from the inside, despite having my own combination lock on the outside

No comments: